Sunday, May 20, 2012

Graffiato by Mike Isabella


Last week, one of my food buddies took me out to Top Chef Mike Isabella's (also former Executive Chef of Zaytinya) Italian restaurant - Graffiato.  Initially, I was given three choices, but I chose Graffiato at last and I am glad I made that choice because Top Chef Mike Isabella definitely lives up to the hype.

Roasted Pistachio
These Roasted Pistachio was a free snack, something for us to nibble on while waiting for our food. Pistachio lightly roasted with salt and old bay.

Flat Bread with Pepperoni Sauce
The famous pepperoni sauce which was featured in the actually Top Chef Show paired with soft pizza dough made into flat bread makes a perfect appetizer. When I watch these cooking show, I have always wondered if what they cooked was as good as they said, now here's your chance to see if Mike Isabella's pepperoni sauce is as good as Gail Simmons said it was.

Prosecco on tap
When I saw the Prosecco on the tap menu, I thought it must be a beer called "Prosecco" and they have it on tap..but when I asked the server and he said it really is Prosecco - your Italian sparking wine, ON TAP! Prosecco on tap is so good, the bubbles won't stop rising to the top, I wish I can get all my Prosecco on tap now.

Countryman Pizza
My bad for not taking the picture before the server smeared the egg all over the pizza, he was too quick.  The Countryman is a black truffle pizza with fontina cheese topped with a poached egg; it was delicious. I love truffle, and I love egg, and would never imagine to combine both of them on a pizza.  I highly recommend this if you like truffle.  The only complaint I have is the pizza dough, which was not as crispy as I would like it to be.

Crispy Lamb
The lamb was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, which makes the perfect texture.  The favas, olives, cucumbers, red onions, and yogurt combined to make an excellent seasoning for the dish.  I love this dish and here's my complaint for the dish: the portion was too small!

Blue Crab Fettuccini
Homemade fettuccini with blue crab, summer squash and arugula pesto.  The pasta was literally swimming in crabs.  In every bite you take, you will taste al-dente pasta with delicious crab.  Every ingredients on the plate was in harmony and I would love to have this alone as the entree, but I will probably have to get two orders to fill me up.

I was completely satisfy with our dinner at Graffiato, their food is definitely of high quality, and Top Chef Mike Isabella has all my respect.  There are other items on the menu that I wanted to try, so I will definitely come back another time.  I recommend Graffiato to everyone but make sure you bring enough money to pay the bill, it will be expensive.  With that remark, special shout out to my food buddy for taking me out, it was a wonderful meal :)

1 comment:

  1. lols. yes I agree that you should have taken the photo of the pizza prior to egg smearing. Will have to try this Graffiato place eventually!

    ReplyDelete