Friday, June 10, 2011

Food Buddies

I have been thinking of starting a food blog for quite some time now. In fact, there were many occasions where the topic of food blog came up in my conversations with friends, and many of them were surprised that I don't have one already. For over 2 years now I would say, I have been taking pictures of the food I eat, posting them on Facebook, or sometimes for my own reference, and that led to a lot of people classifying me as a foodie. I will admit, I am a foodie, to me a foodie is someone who is passionate about food, one who actually cares about what he/she put in their stomachs, and would sees eating as an activity or one can say, attraction. As a foodie, I get random calls from people sometimes asking me where they should eat for lunch, where they should take their girlfriend for V-Day's dinner, if I have been to the newest food spot in town, and what do I think of it...etc, etc. I am serious. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it at all, in fact, I am very happy that people cares about my opinion, and especially when they come back again and again, then I know they liked my recommendations. Everyone deserves delicious food, and I am glad I can help.

One very wise friend of mine once said: "Half of our friendships exist because of food", I couldn't agree more, indeed, I think 70% of my friendships exist because of food. That's where the title of this blog "Food Buddies in Crime" comes in, and my food buddies, you know who you are, and by opening this blog, you know we have more future journeys ahead of us. So, you all better start heading to the gym more often!

In terms of what I wish to accomplish with this blog...my intentions are to share MY restaurants reviews (yes, very subjective), and hoping to explore new food options in town, and help pick out those fancy but not tasty and over-rated restaurants (yes, I go to those sometimes). But most importantly, this formalize what I already do mentally on a daily basis, and as I get older, I might not have such good memory to remember what's good so I can answer those random phone calls.

With that said, I will try not to write about places I have been to in the past, unless there's a request of doing so. Everything will be fairly recent, and I will try my best to keep this place as lively as possible.

Coming Up: Jaleo and Cheesetique

3 comments:

  1. So Ms. Foodie, where should I take my girlfriend to eat of Valentine Day without losing an arm & leg and the food is amazing eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when do we go to MY ramen place??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Hazi, those places are probably booked for every V-Day till 2020. Sorry, I think you might have to lose an arm or leg on this one :P

    Jane, I was waiting for you! I am going to NY next weekend, and have plans the week after, can you do weekdays?

    ReplyDelete