Sunday, June 26, 2011

Medium Rare @ Cleveland Park

Saturday brunch at Medium Rare.  They only serve prefix menu at Medium Rare, for brunch you have a choice of green salad, fruit salad and yogurt parfait for appetizers, and Egg Benedict, steak frites, and eggs frites for entrees.

yogurt parfait
I had the yogurt parfait, which was excellent.  It was topped with dry cranberries, raisins, dry peach, granola, and strawberry syrup.   The texture and sweetness of the yogurt is perfect, I don't think I have ever had a parfait without fresh fruits, but it was surprisingly really good.  I didn't try the green salad, but my friend had it, and she said it was very good. None of us had the fruit salad, so we can't comment on that.

Egg Benedict
There are certain types of food that always gets me when I see them on the menu. Egg Benedict is one of them. So I went with that even though steak frites is what they are known for.  I regret it immediately, the egg Benedict was a little too salty, one of my friends thought the same thing.  And when we both tasted the steak frites, we both agreed that it was a lot better compared to our Egg Benedict. Lesson of the day, go with what the restaurant is famous for!

Steak frites
Cooked medium rare perfectly, the meat was tender, and the sauce was good.


Even though it is a little more expensive than your typical brunch, but you do get a lot of food for the price you paid, and it's definitely worth a try if you are into steak.  You can also try their dinner menu, which is also prefix, with only one choice, steak and frites. A restaurant that runs on one dish and surviving, you know they must be doing something right.

Medium Rare

No comments:

Post a Comment