Monday, July 11, 2011

Big Cheese Truck

I didn't even know a grilled cheese food truck existed, until my coworker told me.  He is a lover of grilled cheese, and he saw on their website they are coming near our work, so I followed them on twitter.

Big Cheese Truck
Menu
 The menu was simple, Watermelon and feta salad, 5 types of grilled cheese, gazpacho, and some dessert options.

Gazpacho and pesto with mozzarella grilled cheese




My coworker got the traditional cheddar cheese on sourdough, and I got the pesto and mozzarella grilled cheese, and we both got the gazpacho.  Let's talk about the gazpacho first, it's really refreshing, probably one of the cheapest and better gazpacho I have had. It has just the right amount of crunch (from the chopped vegetable), and wonderful flavor.  I think it's a perfect combination with the grilled cheese sandwich.  The grilled cheese is a lot bigger than I thought.  It was made to order, hot and toasty when I got it.  It was my first time having pesto and mozzarella grilled cheese, not bad. However, I do think that the traditional cheddar and sourdough is slightly better.

Big Cheese Truck

2 comments:

  1. Truck foods nowadays are very common now in an instant you can get a food you want at fair price. But I'm looking for some Bonchon chicken truck around town. Do you know where I can find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you say in town, you mean DC or NYC? I know there is a Kebab Truck, Cup Cake Truck, Lobster Truck, Crab Sandwich Truck, and even Korean Taco Truck, but never heard of Bonchon Chicken Truck..

    ReplyDelete